RECOMMENDED BOOKS & WEBSITES
- "Finding God in Autism" by Kathy Medina http://www.findinggodinautism.com/ - a book written by a mom who has a child with autism. She understands your heart break and yet, helps you find the "hidden meaning" in your pain and God's "divine finger" in your life. The book will leave you feeling hopeful.
- "Autism's Hidden Blessings" by Kelly Langston http://www.autismshiddenblessings.com/
- "Lessons From Joshua: God Whispers Through Autism" by Barbra Monroe Goggins
- "Wavelength, Tuning In To God's Voice In A World of Static" by Jeff Petherick w/ Kari Nilsson - a book written by a father about how to hear God's voice. It is not about autism, but the author does share stories about his daughter who struggled with childhood depression. The book is filled with funny and memorable stories that will help you reach a new level of closeness with God.
- http://www.childrenofdestiny.org/ - prayers, specific to autism, that you can pray and give to your friends and family so that they know how to pray specifically for you and your child.