SUPPLEMENTS I - L
We are still in the process of gathering information about several supplements. Please check back as we will update more supplements every week. Thanks!
Potential Benefits of Inositol (B8):
- Functions together with choline to form lecithin which is a key building block of cell membranes that protects cells from oxidation. Lecithin also forms the protective sheath around the brain (considered brain food).
- Essential component of myelin that coats nerves and regulates nerve transmission.
- Fat emulsifier - helps metabolize fat and cholesterol by breaking down fats into smaller particles that are easier to remove, and reduces fatty build-up in the body organs, especially the liver.
- Involved in certain chemical signaling processes that transmit messages inside cells.
- May have a calming effect and be useful for treating depression, panic attacks and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
- Can be used to treat constipation and eczema
- When our body tissues are finished with inositol, some of it is changed into glucuronate, one of the body's main detoxifiers.